[OM] Re: Computer monitor settings for image viewing

Subject: [OM] Re: Computer monitor settings for image viewing
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 10:29:30 -0400
Brian Swale wrote:

> For the two TOPE images of the last exhibition, who can see detail in the
> branch shadow area of Fernando's image - and who can not?  Who sees the
> sky in my image as a gradation of dark, rich blue, with rich oranges and reds
> in the last rays coming from the sun - and who sees instead, pale blue
> instead of dark blue, and yellow instead of orange and red?.

I see all of the above on my cheap, Samsung SyncMaster 753DF monitor.
Its biggest failing is that horizontal image size is not constant across
the screen.  Move a rectangle from center of screen towards the edge and
it will grow wider.  Not readily visible with most images but not good
for architecture.

Chuck Norcutt