[OM] Re: For you E-thingy people

Subject: [OM] Re: For you E-thingy people
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 11:39:26 -0700 (PDT)
> redundancy with the 7-14mm.  It is nice to see Olympus doing
> the things  they said
> they had planned, now where is that new e-?  [{8^)  Bill

They never said that they were going to put us on the six-month
upgrade treadmill.  By keeping the number of camera versions
limited, they tend to keep long-term value higher and the
cameras get recognized as "classics" (in the good sense) over
the long-haul.  It wouldn't surprise me to see the next E-body
to be as different to the E-1 as the OM-4 is to the OM-2.  You
don't "upgrade", you "add".

My next E-thingy purchase probably won't be a new E-body, but
some big-honkin E-glass.  I really like that 150/2.  Oh and the
11-22 and the 7-14 and the 8-fishy...  Oh, oh, and don't forget
the 300/2.8...

You notice that Olympus isn't introducing in-lens VR/IS/AS?
They've had plenty of opportunities too.  SOMETHING in-camera
has to be coming.  My guess is non-movable electronic utilizing
interleaving scans.  Hmm. 10MP sensor with interleaved 5MP
sensor banks?  Double Hmm. High-speed continous shooting using
just one bank with no additional crop factor (ie D2X)?  Wouldn't
that just rock!  Triple Hmm. Variable ISO assignment of the
banks for Dynamic Range expansion?  Maybe a Fuji sensor isn't
out of the question.

Whatever it is, I have a feeling that the next E-x pro body will
be revolutionary and will cause quite a storm.  No hurry,
though. I'd rather the camera be done right (like the D2X) than
a 20D "me too" product.

Just give me my multispot metering and "analog" (OM-4T) style
meter scale and I'd be in hog heaven.

AG

Yahoo! Sports
http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com