[OM] Re: olympus Digest V2 #190

Subject: [OM] Re: olympus Digest V2 #190
From: Dan Mitchell <danmitchell@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 07:58:47 -0600
ScottGee1 wrote:
> I've mentioned this here before, but I've found it helps to custom WB
> every single lighting situation possible.

  I found myself doing this even with my coolpix; it's easy to do, as
white things are never that difficult to find, and it's one less thing
to worry about. Outdoors generally auto WB works fine, but inside I
don't really trust the lighting sensors in anything. It's fixable
afterwards in PS or whatever, but I'd rather not have to worry about that.

  In some ways, this is one of the nicest things about digitals; no need
to lose stops of speed with blue filters indoors in gyms and such, or
worry about carrying different types of film, just tell the camera what
white really is and go for it.

  -- dan