[OM] Re: Fun with the E1-OM adapter

Subject: [OM] Re: Fun with the E1-OM adapter
From: Dan Mitchell <danmitchell@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 19:54:48 -0600
> I had trouble getting to the shot but made it eventually.

  Really? Drat, must be a typo. Try
http://www.danielmitchell.net/gal/Olympus/E1/OM-Adapter
  instead. Ah, right, I spelled it E1 in the URL rather than E-1, that
was dumb of me.

> The E1 gave you quite a reach :-)

  Yup, I was surprised by how well the balloon shot came out. I headed
over to a skatepark at lunch and found that the 60-300 zoom wasn't
useful much beyond 200 or so, 600mm equivalent is just too long without
a tripod and there's so little DOF that I can't get focus down.

  I'm off to Waterloo tomorrow (wife's brother's wedding) so I'm pleased
the E-1 turned up in time for that; as for the adapter, I think I'll
take a Tamron 135/2.8 I have around, because it's small and 270mm
equivalent is plenty of reach for the time being -- and at 2.8 wide open
it's still surprisingly sharp and relatively easy to focus even without
a split-image screen.

  (I'll admit, I did try stacking 3 2xconverters behind a 500mm and
trying shots of the moon, but by the time I reached 8000mm it was blurry
even with self-timer and MLU..)

  -- dan