[OM] Re: Gear heads tend to be male, was: Discounted E-1s?

Subject: [OM] Re: Gear heads tend to be male, was: Discounted E-1s?
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 15:11:13 +0000
My name's Walt.  I'm a gearhead.

What else would you call somebody with two dozen cameras of six different
kinds, six dozen lenses (only two of which are 50/1.8 Zuikos, by the way), and
allied accessories, gee-gaws, doo-dads and et cetera by the roomful?

But my wife is one, too, and she's all girl all the time.  She may not exactly
fit the definition of a gearhead, but she's sure as hell a gen-u-wine gadget
freak.  She's been checking the B&H website daily ever since I told her about
the "coming in July" 8MP Olympus Stylus.  It appears now to be available.

http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/cpg_product_lobbypage.asp?l=1&p=16&bc=27&product=1173

Should I tell her or let her enjoy the thrill of discovery herself tonight when
she checks B&H once again?  Except this time I won't hear that plaintive cry
of, "It's July!  They said it'd be out in July!  Where the hell is it?"

There's no hope for some of us.  This may well be contagious, not just
congenital, and a global pandemic threat.  Alert the CDC!  They're only a dozen
miles from here as the crow flies and could be on site quickly.  Send help now!

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --