[OM] Re: Discounted E-1s?

Subject: [OM] Re: Discounted E-1s?
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 17:02:52 -0700
Winsor Crosby wrote:

>I don't think it was a joke. There was news about their cooperation
>back in January.

At least not intended as a joke, anyway.

Can*n will probably have their 400D, 30D and 1D Mark III shipping by the
time the announcement (of actual models, not of upcoming accouncements)
is made and the silly putty prototypes show in glass cases. Nik*n will
probably have one new model out by then.

The 4/3 folks need to really up their ante. I understand that the E-1 is
a great camera with great lenses. And lots of folks like those on this
list will continue to support it, However, the camera line can't exist
long term on such a small base. They need to get competitive on specs,
as well as how those specs pan out in actual pictures. To catch me, they
have to get the high iso noise down and deign to put on a pop-up flash.
I hope they do.

Moose