[OM] Re: Discounted E-1s?

Subject: [OM] Re: Discounted E-1s?
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 20:44:09 -0400
Moose wrote:

> The 4/3 folks need to really up their ante. I understand that the E-1 is
> a great camera with great lenses. And lots of folks like those on this
> list will continue to support it, However, the camera line can't exist
> long term on such a small base. They need to get competitive on specs,
> as well as how those specs pan out in actual pictures. To catch me, they
> have to get the high iso noise down and deign to put on a pop-up flash.
> I hope they do.

Flash sync speed is lagging as well at 1/180th.  I was hoping Minolta
would do better as well but the 7D is also a disappointment on sync
speed at only 1/160th or 1/125th with anti-shake enabled.  This is
especially surprising since the Minolta 7 and 9 film cameras have faster
sync speeds (1/200th and 1/300th respectively) even though they have to
move a bigger shutter.  Nikon reports a sync speed of 1/500th but their
minimum ISO is 200 so it's really no better than the Canons with 1/250
at ISO 100.  I've been spoiled rotten by my digicam.

Chuck Norcutt