[OM] Re: #220

Subject: [OM] Re: #220
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 23:26:56 -0700
R. Jackson wrote:

>Good lord, what a terrifying observation. I run like a schoolgirl
>when a bumblebee comes into my field of vision. I was gassing up down
>by Bakersfield last month and one flew out of the overhang above the
>pump while I was pumping my diesel. I ran around like an insane
>person when it got near me and finally hung up the pump and drove
>across the street to put the gas cap back on and close the fuel
>filler door. Still a great photo...

LOL.!  And April didn't have a videocam, or at least a digicam with
movie mode? What a loss!

Last time I stopped in Bakersfield for gas, it was 108 deg. out and felt
hotter on the asphalt. The heat would have dropped an ox. I think and
bees were in hiding.

Seriously, though, we have bumblebees about in the yard all the time and
sit out there and read, check eyelids for pinhole leaks, etc. all the
time too. Honey bees will occasionally come around and check a person
out, rarely to the point of annoyance, but the bumblebees act as though
we simply don't exist. They sitck to their business with the flowers and
leave us completely alone. I really like them.

Moose