[OM] Re: OT Cell-phones and driving on roads OT

Subject: [OM] Re: OT Cell-phones and driving on roads OT
From: "Gary Holder (c)" <gary.holder@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 12:22:31 -0400
Sorry, it is a 75% increase, which indeed is not as big as the original
(actual figures) 500%.

> The chances are raised from moderate to probable -the

Maybe so, but these figures don't prove it. Acxtually, I'm sure they do not
rise to "probable".  I agree it is NOT smart to use phone while driving and
do not  myself.

I just mean perhaps other distractions would produce increases too, like
tuning radio, using a zuiko,  or talking to passengers (as was pointed out
earlier).

Note the "per thousand miles" rate was a complete guess on my part, it might
well be one or a million. The original quote gave no rate at all, just
percents. I do realize I'm mixing odds and rates here, which is dangerous.