[OM] Re: OT Cell-phones and driving on roads OT

Subject: [OM] Re: OT Cell-phones and driving on roads OT
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 14:25:52 -0700 (PDT)
Wild, wild west Walt wrote:
> And I steer clear of
> rental trucks, too, which are frequently driven by numbnuts
> who until an hour ago may never have aimed anything bigger
> than a Volkswagen.

This morning, on the way to work, I passed the local towing
service where a Ryder truck was balanced on three of four
wheels.  From the appearance of things, it must have rolled a
couple times and offloaded the bulk of the contents through the
roof.  Not a pretty site, except for the HUGE wad of turf stuck
to the top.  Almost enough sod to do the front yard of my house.

Usually, it's semis going airborne at 80 around here and wiping
out three or four cars coming the opposite direction.

But last week there was a ewhaul being towed by a tiny KIA that
got my attention.  Every time it hit a bump the front wheels of
the car came off the ground!  I can guarantee you that driver
wasn't yacking on his cellphone!

Sorry, no OM pictures of either.

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com