[OM] Re: Want to buy an OM2N or OM2S? Or several?

Subject: [OM] Re: Want to buy an OM2N or OM2S? Or several?
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 10:09:45 EDT
Be VERY careful when government auctions appear. Everything is sold "as is".
Only even consider it if you can get the gear for next to nothing, and you
really really have no problems with being seen using "butt-ugly" gear! I once
bought a lot ("lot" as in an auction lot) of OM gear- body, lenses, flash, etc
from either Oregon or Washington, I forget, via an eBay auction. The stuff was
technically "working", but VERY butt-ugly, and tremendously scarred. I have
never seen any OM equipment look that bad.

I know some of you may be thinking that the reason they're selling off film
equipment is to go digital and the gear isn't that bad, but, believe me, as a
former person in charge of a couple of police department's photo gear, and
having transitioned them to digital, they keep things almost FOREVER. We still
had
in our storage and ready to be used if needed,  the several Graflex kits that
were used from the 1950s thru the early 80s, when I bought them their first
digital gear in ~1998.

George S.