[OM] Re: [photos] OT (taken with digital camera)

Subject: [OM] Re: [photos] OT (taken with digital camera)
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2005 01:16:18 -0700
Richard Lovison wrote:

>Thanks to everyone who responded.  I'm really naive when it comes to
>digital cameras and I now realize I'm even more naive than I thought.
>I'll check out the review at dpreview.com and do more research.  I
>have a feeling purchasing my first serious digital SLR is going to be
>more difficult than I originally thought.

It's not all that difficult if you make clear to yourself what is
important to you. For example, if you want to use OM lenses, even part
of the time, the only sensible choices are the E-1, E-300, D300, D350
and D20. If built-in flash is important, if only for cont reasons, the
E-1 drops out. I suspect that, like me, cost is of some consequence,
which pushes the 20D out, leaving only three bodies to consider.

In my case, high iso noise and range and cost of lenses over weighed my
Oly preference, choice made. Now it took some time and focus to
determine what was most important to me, but after that, the biggest
problem was dealing with buying something other than an Oly.

Moose