[OM] Selling to nuffies! Curmudgeon question.

Subject: [OM] Selling to nuffies! Curmudgeon question.
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2005 12:11:42 +1000
Since setting up an oBoy store I have had to reduce my opinion of the
human race by a notch or two (yes, even more). I'm beginning to agree
with Walt that an occasional, judicious cull might be appropriate.
After all, I've made the occasional error (Sept. 27th, 1983 was the
last I think) and I've even been known to forget an apostrophe here
and there. But this is getting beyond a joke.
Here's an Oly example, to keep it sort of OT.

Item - metal hood for 35mm f2 - price $7 because it's a beater.
Entire description reads -"Genuine OM Metal Hood for the 35/2 lens.
Ordinary condition - small ding on edge - but functional."
Not exactly 'War and Peace in length is it? You can't miss much there?
The details are three lines long and clearly include the statement -
"Postage - a flat rate of US$8 international or AU$5 for local
buyers." Not much room for misunderstanding?

Today's question (name snipped to protect the challenged) -

- Hi - what condition is this item in and what is the postage
cost to send it to the UK? -

Now, I get one like this every second day. From members of the
English speaking world. And it seems to be a rule that question
askers almost never buy. And it takes a couple of minutes to answer
and sometimes longer if I have to go check that I really did put it
in the listing as I thought.
Am I within my rights to say something along the lines of "Try
reading the f***ing listing you terminal dimwit" or should I maintain
a polite and stoic demeanour? Perhaps I could suggest to them that if
they are that stupid, photography is beyond their limited
capabilities? Aaaaaaarrrrrrggggghhhhh!
AndrewF
(who  has now taken the little yellow pill and feels muuuuch better).