[OM] Re: The Gimp file sizes

Subject: [OM] Re: The Gimp file sizes
From: Andrew Dacey <adacey@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2005 11:06:39 -0300
On 7/17/05, Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Frugal, thanks for that.   Do you use it on a Windoze machine or a
> Mac?  I am interested in trying out ImageMagick, but I don't have
> time at the moment to learn to use the Terminal to unpack and compile
> the programme in OSX.

I'm on a Mac but I was using ImageMagick on my Linux box but that was
back while I was still on OS 9 for my Mac. Now that I have OS X (and a
much faster Mac) I'll probably install ImageMagick on it and use it
for the conversion. It's mainly a set of command-line tools (although
I think you can get a GUI for it) for doing image manipulation which
is what makes it handy for batch conversion.