[OM] 2X Macro Teleconverter Modification

Subject: [OM] 2X Macro Teleconverter Modification
From: DACattani@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 22:03:52 EDT
The recent discussion on removing the glass from a fixed 2X teleconverter  to
get an extension tube of about 21mm made me wonder...

Has anyone tried modifying one of those 2X macro variable teleconverters in
a similar way to get a short, variable length macro tube? I have one sold by
Teleplus which hasn't been used for its intended purpose for a while. I think
Vivitar and Promaster sold them as well. Look like the same model,  actually.

If it doesn't do what I desire, I can always epoxy the glass back in
there...should be okay :-)

Dave in Denver