[OM] Re: Pentax profits fall by 42%

Subject: [OM] Re: Pentax profits fall by 42%
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 15:58:30 -0700
Hey, it works for Canon and Sony. The key seems to be to introduce a
new model as soon as the "hot" cachet cools on the previous model.
Dump the current model as soon as sales drop.  Of course that worked
several years for Japanese motorcycles until people said "enough" to
instant obsolescence and started buying Harleys again. Now what is
the the camera equivalent of a Harley? Maybe Kodak will introduce a
folding film camera! :-)

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA