[OM] Re: [photos] OT (taken with digital camera)

Subject: [OM] Re: [photos] OT (taken with digital camera)
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 10:50:53 -0300
LOL ;^) - Charlie suggested taking some lobsters, which may cook at a lower
temperature than red meat. Cooking myself would need a few hors of boiling
water. A good 'caldo de Fernando' needs also papas, zapallo, perejil,
morrón, nabos, apio and perhaps boniato but I prefer the latter oven-cooked
rather than boiled.

Seriously, there are several hot springs spa around the city of Salto. The
older of which is Termas del Arapey well into the countryside, at 42
Celsius. The newer one is Termas de Sato, where a new big hotel (named
Horacio Quiroga) was recently built, at 45 Celsius. Termas del Daymán main
hot spring is at 46 Celsius, but found another one nearby which claims to
have a spring at 47.9.

It feels quite pleasing, at least during the winter. It lowers arterial
blood pressure due to a higher width of the skin vessels, which in turn
causes a slight heart rate frequency. Hypothalamic brain temperature
regulation should be affected too, which I suppose would lead to several
changes in neurotransmition. Muscle vessels also turn wider which leads to a
pleasant lowering of muscle tone. There must be several other physiological
modifications which I ignore, buy it feels good.

Recently visited Bagno Vignoni website, as consequence of an exchange with
Piers and Bill Pierce. Didn't have the chance to visit them when in Italy,
and it seems to be a nice and expensive place to stay.

Regards,

Fernando.