[OM] Re: Review revision and bulk ink notes

Subject: [OM] Re: Review revision and bulk ink notes
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 19:10:43 +1000
I've been doing this for a while with an S900 and didn't have too
many problems. I bought a kit locally - no problems with plugs as the
supplier provided grub screws and an Allen key to replace the push-in
pip on a BCI 6e tank. They worked fine so long as you don't overscrew
them early on - by the time they're worn enough to leak it's time to
buy new empty tanks anyway (they don't last for ever!)
I seal the tanks while filling by pushing the 'nose ' gently on to a
flat pad of blu-tack - this seals and holds the tank in position.
Unscrew grub screw, leave it stuck on the key, place tank on seal,
fill syringe and fill tank, replace screw, unpeel blu-tack seal,
discard. I can do this very quickly now. The level drops slightly as
the sponge takes up some ink (it doesn't dry out completely) but not
enough to be a problem. I work on a paper towel but I've never leaked
(not even drops) and use it to just dab up the odd drop on the nose
or around the refill point.
AndrewF