[OM] Permanence or otherwise of burned CDs

Subject: [OM] Permanence or otherwise of burned CDs
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 22:16:38 +1200
Hi all

Some of you may know that I sell data CDs all around the world. Now you all
know.

It is a complicated list of all the fern species (plants) that exist.

I have just had a letter from a client to whom I sold a CD about ? two years
ago, and 2 of the 380 genus files are suddenly unreadable.

A while ago I investigated getting CDs pressed in aluminium like the
commercial ones are. Costs a fair bit more - or did then. $500NZ for 50 CDs.

Looks as though I might have to go down that road sooner than I anticipated.

Cheers, Brian