[OM] Re: ilford xp2 super 400 asa or 100 asa?

Subject: [OM] Re: ilford xp2 super 400 asa or 100 asa?
From: <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 08:26:37 -0500
Andrew,

But when you put the negative on a light box, doesn't it look great? That
was my surprise when first using it. I've been printing black and white
since the late sixties, quite a bit of that time professionally, and I
thought I knew what I liked in a negative. Silly me. I like my Plus-X and
Tri-X negatives generously exposed, bet that stuff just gets flatter and
flatter as you add exposure.

I think #3 is the lowest grade I've used in printing SP2 negatives. I have
gone as far as 5 1/2 on my Ilford head, and that still required a lot og
careful dodging and burning.

I'm going to try underexposing in half stop increments next. Don't know what
to expect.

Bill Pearce