[OM] Re: [OT] Postcard paper

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Postcard paper
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 15:45:50 -0700
Tom Scales wrote:

>This is a little off-topic, but I thought it might be of interest.
>
>For those of you that don't get the newsletter, Red River is having a great
>sale on their 4x6 and 5x7 postcard stock.  $5 for 100 sheets.  Here's the
>link:
>
>http://www.redrivercatalog.com/browse/cat=1&prod=15.htm
>
>I don't have any connection with them, other than a customer.

Thanks for pointing this out. I just got it a day or two ago and have
already used about 30 sheets.

Really lovely results on the 1270. Very good surface and nice colors. I
little lightweight for true postcard, but just right for me for prints
to hand around in a group.

I haven't tried 5x7 for a ling time and I really like it. Small enough
to not be too expensive and big enough to really show off the image when
held in hand. Also a really good match for full frame from the Can*n or
Nik*n 1.5-6x sensors.

I do see on their site that projected longevity unprotected isn't so
good. I bought a sample pack of their various photo papers anyway.

Moose