[OM] Re: eBay copy of my Web page

Subject: [OM] Re: eBay copy of my Web page
From: Mike <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 20:06:16 -0700
A person lifted some pictures that I took of my wife's dolls  for her
own auction. I reported it to oboe  and also emailed the offender. It
took oboe several days before they got around to checking and by then
the photos had been replaced so I got an email stating something to the
effect that photos weren't the same (duh!) and so no action would be
taken. The seller promptly removed the photos and was apologetic after
being sent a link to the oboe page outlining oboe's policy against
stealing photos. I also pointed out that the photo couldn't fairly
represent her doll since it was a photo of my wife's. Lesson: send a
polite email and don't expect much from oboe.

Mike