[OM] Re: Anyone Using the Acratech Ultimate Ballhead?

Subject: [OM] Re: Anyone Using the Acratech Ultimate Ballhead?
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2005 18:29:30 -0400
Jay Drew wrote:

> Also, has anyone had experience with the Manfrotto 3419 Micro Positioning
> Plate?  I have the Adorama focusing rail, works well and holds a lot of
> weight, but it is bulky.

I've never owned either one and have been limited to the Oly focusing
rail when one is called for.  However, having another axis would
sometimes be very nice.  I note that the 3419 is also only a single axis
device.  You sure that's what you want?   Being able to locate with
precision on a single axis when one needs to locate on two axes may not
be an improvement.

Chuck Norcutt