[OM] Re: Anyone Using the Acratech Ultimate Ballhead?

Subject: [OM] Re: Anyone Using the Acratech Ultimate Ballhead?
From: "Daniel Sepke" <dan@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2005 20:06:49 -0400
I have just started working with the Acratech and it is a pretty good head
(my first ball head). Mine does have a tiny amount of shift when cranking
the lock knob super tight which does cause change in framing. I will say it
is a solidly made piece and locks solid with zero creep in my use so far. At
its weight you will not find better I suspect so if weight is your priority
go for it. Get it with the rubber knobs as they are much easier on the
fingers. Buying direct is also just as easy as getting it from B&H and you
have a better selection of plates. With regard to the plates it couples well
with RRS plates too. Oh and finally it is a perfect fit on Bogen pods (mine
is on a 3001).

If you are still undecided you may wish to consider waiting for the RRS 40mm
ball head that is due out soon ish. If it is anything like the 55mm head it
is going to be a winner for a lot of people. Plus it is available with a
lever release plate option.

HTH Dan S.

From: olympus-owner@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:olympus-owner@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Jay Drew
Subject: [OM] Anyone Using the Acratech Ultimate Ballhead?
I'm looking at the Aratech's ballhead and was wondering if any of the
Zuikoholics out there had an opinion.
The factory site shows an OM plate that's not listed at B & H.
I'd be mounting it on a Bogen 3021Pro tripod.
Jay Drew