[OM] acratech ballhead

Subject: [OM] acratech ballhead
From: "Walter Tani" <taniw001@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2005 16:37:28 -1000
I looked at the acratech, but a friend was selling 2 markins ballheads, and M20
and an M10, both NIB at the time; so I bought both of them after doing a little
research.  The markins are made in south korea, and their weight carrying
capacity is greater than or equal to the acratech, but at the same time, they
weigh significantly less than the acratechs.  They also cost less.   When I got
the markins' ballheads, I was very pleasantly surprised. Quality is
outstanding, very predictable for creep and preload, very easy to use. I've not
noticed any shift in frame when tightening down.  I have the M10 set up with an
RRS quick release lever clamp on top of a Gitzo 1227 and the combination is
superlight and very stable and will easily take my 400/5.6 with 2x extender and
Canon 1D body.  Cheaper, stronger, lighter, same quality or better.  What else
could you ask for?

walt tani
honolulu