[OM] [FS] Film Scanner

Subject: [OM] [FS] Film Scanner
From: Andrew Dacey <adacey@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2005 13:30:26 -0300
Hello fellow Zuikohilics,

I have a Canon FS2710 film scanner for sale so I thought I'd put it up
on the list first before pursuing other options.

I've gotten quality scans out of this unit (see
http://www.tildefrugal.net/photo/ for examples) but my new mac doesn't
have SCSI so I'm going to take the opportunity to get a new scanner
that can also handle MF and LF.

Despite the name, it scans at 2720ppi, giving you a 2,592 x 3,888 (or
10 megapixel) image when scanning 35mm full frame.

Full specs can be found at:

http://consumer.usa.canon.com/ir/controller?act=ModelTechSpecsSupportAct&fcategoryid=235&modelid=8234

(watch for line wrapping).

It's a few years old but still in excellent working condition.

As I mentioned above, it is a SCSI-2 interface, I have the PCI card
that was included with the card which will work with PC's (not sure if
it's Mac compatible). I haven't had an opportunity to test the card in
a PC so I can't comment on driver availability for newer versions of
windows.

I have the original box, manuals and CDs and will be including all of these.

Looking for $200US or best offer, I will pay shipping within North
America. I'll also offer a 14 day guarantee for you to review the unit
and ensure that it's working. You pay the shipping to send it back but
I will refund the purchase price.