[OM] Head blowing printer maintanance

Subject: [OM] Head blowing printer maintanance
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2005 18:35:53 -0700 (PDT)
My Canon S9000 printer has been incredible, but the cost of inks
were eating me alive.  I've now converted over to MIS bulk inks
and am getting fantastic results.

However, I encountered a little problem.  The combination of two
different ink brands going through the heads kinda gummed up the
works.  Remembering something I had read, I took the head
assembly out the printer and flushed everything out with hot
water in the kitchen sink.

Everything is now fat and happy. MIS inks appear to be just a
hint cooler than Canon inks.  Actually about .43 of a hint to be
more precise.

I'll be tracking long term performance carefully, but it appears
as though this particular company has the formulations figured
out.

I will make this one recommendation to anybody planning on the
switch.  Get a set of empty cartridges from them at the same
time.  There appears to be a bit of incompatiblity with other
inks.  Blowing out the heads of the old ink takes about five or
ten minutes and that time includes drying.

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com