[OM] Re: Colour values of monitors (again)

Subject: [OM] Re: Colour values of monitors (again)
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 23:48:33 +0800
Before I have the EIZO L568 I still think my Sony CRT was very good but
actually it never come close to the quality of slide viewing through
lighbox. Now with the EIZO it is much closer mainly due to the high contrast
and brightness. Depends on what you use your display for, if you need to
calibrate for "print" then CRT is good enough due to the narrow brightens
range (D-range) of paper but if you need to calibrate for slide output then
you need a good LCD. Of course with proper adjustment you can also turn down
the D-range of LCD to reassemble the paper range but you cannot do the
reverse with a CRT. Can't understand one can accept digital camera but
cannot accept a LCD.

BTW, the Apple 20" LCD has very good price, if I didn't bought the EIZO last
year I'm sure I will get one today.

C.H.Ling