[OM] Re: Film Mailing

Subject: [OM] Re: Film Mailing
From: Andrew Dacey <adacey@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 09:59:29 -0300
On 7/26/05, AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> One of their processing centers, and it may have been Chicago,
> had a conveyer system that at one point was about 25 feet above
> a concrete floor. The conveyer had no sides.  Boxes would
> regularily plummet to the floor.
>
> One would think they eventually fixed that problem.

Could be they've fixed it but from what I've heard about USPS (I'm in
Canada so deal with Canada Post more often) "the problem" would be
that the packages are only dropping 25', not nearly high enough. I
imagine that the conveyor would have been raised up to 40' and efforts
made to make it even more precarious for packages falling off. Then
again, they may have simply installed a crusher for budgetary reasons.