[OM] Re: How to number Olympus limited addition images

Subject: [OM] Re: How to number Olympus limited addition images
From: "Daniel Sepke" <dan@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 12:45:13 -0400
Hey Bill,

I have seen some with the title centered, signature on the right and edition
number on the left. These were sports pano prints from a larger edition of
1000-1500 depending on the subject. I think the quantity was due to the
printing costs as well as the popularity of the prints. In the above case
the title was in type and part of the print while the signature and
numbering were pencil. Personally I think an art print would look better
with the information all in pencil with the number next to the signature on
the right and the title on the left. I think your figures are probably ok
for an edition total.

HTH, Dan S.

From: olympus-owner@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:olympus-owner@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Subject: [OM] How to number Olympus limited addition images

Well, I guess it could be any image, however in this case it happens to be
Olympus images.

Two questions:

1) What is a reasonable number of prints to do in a "limited  edition?"  I
was thinking something like somewhere between 100-250.

2) When signing the print, where would the number go?  Title - number  -
signature - date or Title - signature - number or ????.

What I've been doing is Title on the left and signature with year of
production on the right.  so it might look like this.

"First  Light"                                                 Bill Barber
'05

So, where does the 76/250 go and should I continue to put the date after my

signature?  Bill Barber