[OM] Re: E this time (for a change :-> ) not OM

Subject: [OM] Re: E this time (for a change :-> ) not OM
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 10:02:59 -0700 (PDT)
A friend of mine just got a new E1 outfit (with all the goodies
I can't afford, like the 50-200).  Well, something strange
happened.  He was photographing a major multiday outdoor event
as the official photog and Saturday morning, the thing refused
to come to life.  Dead as a doorknob.  Like it had a blown fuse
or something.  We tried different batteries and with/without the
lens, with/without memory cards, etc.  Nada.  Toast.  Not even
the dustshaker wiggled.

Don't know if it had anything to do with the relentless heat
we've had this past week, but hundreds of pictures per day in
100 degree heat could have caused something to go kaputz.
Another possibility is that he tried removing the CF card while
the camera was in sleep mode.  The monitor barked at him about
"no card" so he popped it back in.  Next morning--dead.

With some trepidation I let him borrow mine.  Event ends
tomorrow.  Rain, humidity and excessive heat.  Hmm...  My wife
ain't too pleased about my generosity, but I did tell her that
it'll probably guarantee the availability of a spare camera in
case I need one.

AG

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs