[OM] Re: Confession time...

Subject: [OM] Re: Confession time...
From: "Jeff Keller" <jeff-keller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 08:55:38 -0700
ISO 6 on a monopod is hardly a way to put the technology in the background

The E-300 is quite easy to use. It might take you 15 minutes of pushing and
poking to figure out the regularly used controls. You would almost never use
cascaded menus. The E-1 is even a little nicer in some ways.

Bill's comments about the free cost and immediate feedback of taking an
image is a real benefit. Learning can be very quick. Catching pictures of
anything that moves using ISO 6 would make the technology very obvious.
Turning a wheel to adjust ISO speed, frees you to think about the image.

I use the E-System much more than my OM's because I take more pictures for
work than for play. I still prefer the OMs for play because I nearly always
use a tripod and move slow. I can still get higher resolution with film.
When the E-System resolution passes film, I doubt the OM's would get used
very often.

The E-System cameras are a pleasure to use. Olympus created a good design.
There is no reason the complexity would interfere with the enjoyment of
taking pictures.

YMMV,
-jeff

snip