[OM] Re: Confession time...

Subject: [OM] Re: Confession time...
From: jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 14:15:25 -0500
Quoting Jeff Keller <jeff-keller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Personally I really wish the E-1 were smaller. I've never
> seen a camera that
> was too small.

But the ratio of size to weight is very favorable,
particularly when you factor in the weight of the DZ
glass.  I respect the OM shooter who only uses f2.8 lenses
sans winder/MD and complains about the size of the E-1.
But there are some monster lenses that many of us use and
love, both Zuikos and third-party. I couldn't in good
conscience brag about the diminutive size of an OM hanging
off the back of a Tamron 80-200, and even the 90/2, 35-80,
and other recent Zuikos dwarf the basic OM body.  As a
package, the E-1 plus lens is very very nice in size and
weight.

Joel W.