[OM] Re: Confession time...

Subject: [OM] Re: Confession time...
From: "Jeff Keller" <jeff-keller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 13:18:26 -0700

> From: jowilcox
>
> Jeff,
>
> How do you like the LCD on the E-300?  Better than E-1?
>
> Joel W.

My opinion probably doesn't count for much. I leave the plastic protector
covering the LCD of E-1 on nearly all of the time. I use the LCD for
checking exposure especially when using flash. I don't find the LCD that
useful for checking focus.

My very first impression with the E-300 was: "Wow this LCD is brighter than
the E-1, but how do I turn it off" ... (The default setting left it always
on and showing camera settings).

Little things like the compact flash door that snaps open on the E-300 vs.
the twist to unlatch folding metal tab on the E-1 makes me appreciate just
how much care was put into the E-1. I suspect Olympus is going out of their
way to provide top level service for the E-1. I don't know if they would
replace a broken E-300 body for $300. I've been very impressed both times I
sent E-1 equipment in for repair. My only let down was that my lens cap
didn't come back but I didn't list it on the paperwork :^( They included a
new flash shoe cover which had been safely stored on an OM.

-jeff