[OM] Re: Why not digital? (was: Confession time...)

Subject: [OM] Re: Why not digital? (was: Confession time...)
From: "R. Jackson" <jackson.robert.r@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 14:50:03 -0700

On Jul 27, 2005, at 2:43 PM, Simon Worby wrote:

>  Apart from anything
> the results are disappointing -- I wonder why?

It is distressing. I'm of the opinion that most film scanners have a
special algorithm built-in that does as much damage to the image as
possible. I seem to get better results with a color photocopier and a
4x5 print than I get with a film scanner. It sure drives digital
camera sales. ;-)

> No, you just change the film. Or get out one of the other 9 bodies you
> could afford because you didn't buy that 12 MP digital camera!

HA! Exactly.