[OM] Re: Film pro goes digi, another E-1 photo

Subject: [OM] Re: Film pro goes digi, another E-1 photo
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 07:35:50 -0400

From: "Chuck Norcutt" <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> Here's an interesting question.  Does the 20D using the 10-22 EF-S
> (digital specific small sensor) lens perform better than the 1Ds or 1Ds
> Mark II using a 16-35 lens?  Probably can't be definitively answered due
> to basic differences in lens quality but inquiring minds would like to
> know.  Perhaps a better comparison would be Canon 1D Mark II and an
> E-300 (both 8 MP) each with comparable angle of coverage very wide angle
> lenses.
>
> Chuck Norcutt

I think the interesting comparison is the 1Ds and the D2X.  Many reviews
show them very comparable, even though the 1Ds has more megapixels and a
full frame sensor.

Personally, I love the 1.5x.  I can hand carry a 70-300 that becomes a
105-450.  Nikon's done a nice job at the wide end and I love my 12-24.

Tom