[OM] Re: Why not digital? (was: Confession time...)

Subject: [OM] Re: Why not digital? (was: Confession time...)
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 05:25:08 -0700 (PDT)
> Why bother with a 12MP camera if you're going to project at
> less than
> 1MP? On a 6x4' image that  makes each pixel larger than 1/16"
> across.
> Even a PC monitor (which I consider still to have poor
> resolution) has at least 4 times that.

At normal viewing distances, the 1/16" (or greater) pixel size
is a non-issue.  The biggest issue is the lines between the
pixels. Some projectors are better than others and some
projector lenses are better than others.  They main thing is to
never use digital keystone correction.

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com