[OM] Digital sucks! Analog rocks!

Subject: [OM] Digital sucks! Analog rocks!
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 18:32:42 +0000
It was necessary to unload and move a couple of cabinets full of CDs in order
to squeeze in the new 52-in. HDTV.  After all, football (the actually not
stultifyingly boring, fall down the well and wait for Lassie to come, American
kind) season starts soon.  Plus, maybe the Braves will make it back to the
World Series this year.  (Many of the Braves games are broadcast in hi-def, you
know.)

Anyway, after rearranging some stuff, but not the Vandersteen 3a's, which might
as well be bolted to the floor since they are right where they belong, I tuned
up the audio gear, cleaning cable connectors and giving everything a good
dusting while it was easily accessible.  Then, since I hadn't done so in a
couple of months, I put on an LP.  Then another.  And another.  I'm though
working for the day now.  Got beer and got my groove on!

Vinyl rules!  Analog kicks digital's ass when it comes to audio, if  you've got
the right gear to play it on.  Makes it hard to believe people actually listen
to that MP-3 crap.  Gives a whole new meaning to being tin-eared.  But, then,
there's today's so-called music...

I'm still trying to decide if the same is true about digital photography.  I'm
keeping all my film gear for a while yet.  I do, however, kinda like the stuff
I'm getting out of the E-1.  But I don't make prints bigger'n 11x14 much
anymore, so  maybe I just think too small to make any kind of worthwhile
judgment.

Time to turn one over.  Bye for now, y'all.  :-)

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --