[OM] Re: Confession time...

Subject: [OM] Re: Confession time...
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 19:58:36 +0100
Hah, that reminds me of the "peace dividend" we were going to reap following
the end of the Cold War.

So we watched our manufacturing industry collapse as defence expenditure
fell; we spent widely on developing democracy and restructuring state-owned
industry in the newly emergent states; and we discovered that everything had
been much simpler when we there was one easily-identifiable "them" in
opposition to "us".

Some dividend.

Sorry, I now realize that is completely OT.  I will go take my medication...

--
Piers