[OM] Re: Confession time...

Subject: [OM] Re: Confession time...
From: Stephen Troy <sctroy@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 19:18:04 -0400
At 04:01 PM 7/28/2005 -0700, Schnozzzola wrote:
>> How are people just getting started in the business ever going
>> to be able to afford this stuff?
>
>They buy a DRebel and hang the shingle.  After all, it's just as
>good as anything else.  You don't usually start out with
>high-priced clientelle.  You can usually fool em long enough to
>upgrade to a real 20D.
>
><grin>
>
>Lighting and infinity wall?  Who needs it...  We do everything
>in Photoshop now!
>
>AG

A 20D? <snort><giggle> Anyone who thinks that *any* of the DSLR's on the
market are the cat's meow hasn't used a PhaseOne back on a Mamiya RZ.  In
side-by-side shooting, using the exact same lighting, even the 1DS Mark II
(they have one of those, too) doesn't come close in resolution or color
accuracy.  I guess that's why people buy PhaseOne backs - otherwise, you
could save a TON of money by buying C*non.  But for studio work like
catalogs, DSLR's have a long, long way to go.

Think anyone of the type you mention above would even know what a
"Hosemaster" is?

Steve Troy