[OM] Re: Confession time...

Subject: [OM] Re: Confession time...
From: "R. Jackson" <jackson.robert.r@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 19:27:34 -0700
On Jul 28, 2005, at 5:36 PM, Winsor Crosby wrote:

> That was just the point of the article everyone has been talking
> about. The Phase One is overkill.
>
> http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/multi_page.asp?cid=7-7883-7913

He didn't say it was overkill, he just said that he didn't know if he
could justify the added cost. He also says:

Some people really love the subtlety that you can find in film. And
other people don't care, or don't know, or don't want to know. But
there are some of us who like that extra five percent, that magical
part that film possesses, and I can tell you that, for me, I'm still
looking for that five percent. I want to see that in my digital
files, and I don't see it yet. I see the other ninety-five percent.

I kind of wonder if that extra five percent lies in the ZD or in a
big medium format back. Of course, at the price I'm unlikely to find
out anytime soon. ;-)