[OM] Re: voigtlander 75mm/2.5

Subject: [OM] Re: voigtlander 75mm/2.5
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2005 20:51:38 +1000
In order to convert these lenses from rangefinder fitting to SLR
fitting, considerable changes would be necessary. The 12mm and 15mm
available for Nikon F fit are clearly wildly different even tho' they
are mirror lock-up non-retrofocus styles. A look at the photographs
on www.cameraquest.com clearly shows those differences. One would
expect the SLR version of the 75mm and 90mm to be somewhat different
too - the film to lens mount distance will be much longer for a start
- and the 40mm is a very different thing (f1.4 in the RF mount for
one thing!) The longer lenses are not available in RF mount at all.
The Leica mount lenses and the SLR mount lenses have some family
resemblances in some cases but are mostly not the same lenses. They
are all of very high quality though, I understand. I own the 12mm,
15mm, 21mm, 40mm and 50mm in Leica RF mounts and they are a delight.
Weirdly, the SL series lenses are NOT available in Leica R mount,
dammit.
AndrewF