[OM] Re: Wish list for E

Subject: [OM] Re: Wish list for E
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2005 09:45:29 -0500
At 11:18 PM 7/30/2005 +1200, you wrote:

>Hi all
>
>One thing I would really like for the E-1 is a split-image screen.
>
>I have been using the Zuiko 85-250 on the E, and accurate focussing is near
>to impossible. Focussing has to be absolutely spot on with this lens, or the
>result is soft, and, like the Zuiko 300/4.5, if you crank the focus ring
>over to
>the stop, you are away past infinity.

I would like that too.  I do like the 85-250 on the E-1 but pretty much
have to focus at f5 before stopping down.  The 300/4.5 I can focus at f5.6
with no problem.  I have pretty good eyes and don't need correction to use
a camera other than diopter adjustment, but I have to move in and out a
little and center up to the viewfinder a few times when using Zuikos to get
critical focus.

I'd like to get a DZ 50-200 someday, but it's less critical to me than the
LWMNBN because the Zuikos are at hand.  I do suspect that when I get a
50-200, focusing ease will spell the end of my use of lenses like the
Tamron 80-200 and Zuiko 85-250.

Joel W.