[OM] Re: Wish list for E

Subject: [OM] Re: Wish list for E
From: Bernard Frangoulis <lists@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2005 18:25:43 +0200
>The enabling continues.  I'll hold mine until you have your's  installed and
>report back to the list.  Bill  Barber

Yes, I'm very interested in Walt's opinion too.

I have just ordered an FS-2 screen (with grid lines). My fear is
that, since it carries more lines than the "rule of thirds" lines
etched by John H, these lines will be a hindrance more than a help.
I'll see...

Also, I could _easily_ do without the focus area circle, central
cross and lateral rectangles of Olympus FS-1 and FS-2 screens. I find
they are way too visible and hinder both composition and manual
focusing.

I'm wondering what the ideal screen would be. On the OM-4, I use a
2-4 with etched grid. So, for the E-1, ideally a plain matte screen
with grid would do (Rachel at Katz Eye can make them).

But... perhaps for the E-1 a split screen and/or microprism would
make manual focusing easier?

But... the split screen and microprism on Katz Eye screens appears to
occupy a proportionately larger part of the screen than on an OM
screen, and so could quickly become annoying for composition.

So... any personal experiences would be interesting to read!

Bernard