[OM] Re: olympus Digest V2 #210

Subject: [OM] Re: olympus Digest V2 #210
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2005 11:21:52 -0400 (EDT)
On Sun, 31 Jul 2005, Moose wrote:

> Remember folks, the E-1 + ZD lenses has "lens shading compensation", in
> which the lens tells the camera just how it vignettes. This can then be
> compenstaed for either in the camera - very slow - or in RAW conversion.

I'm not sure if any of the 3'rd party raw converters support that feature.
I suspect this feature isn't used very much as the in-camera version is slow
and the only RAW software which supports it is probably the Olympus stuff.
Perhaps if Olympus would publicly document their ORF format we would see it
supported a little better.
                                        -mark