[OM] Re: olympus Digest V2 #210

Subject: [OM] Re: olympus Digest V2 #210
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2005 17:55:40 -0700 (PDT)
> That's an amazing by-product of the "zoom culture" that I
> haven't quite figured out. People rave about how the MTF
> charts these days show that nice zooms are as good as primes,
> but they don't ever talk about all the barrel and pincushion
> distortion, which is apparently just hunky-dory.

But you fail to understand that we can fix ANYTHING in Photoshop
now.  (of course, in doing so we defeat the purpose of those
lovely MTF charts).

The 14-54 is remarkably free of distortion.  There is a slight
amount, but better than any other zoom I've ever used.  My Zuiko
primes still stomp when it comes to distortion, though.

AG

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs