[OM] the joy of rediscovering photography

Subject: [OM] the joy of rediscovering photography
From: Johan Malmstrom <jmalmstrom@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2005 13:53:08 +0200
So what's new under the sun?

Here in my parts of the globe, we are moving from inner city
apartment, very cool but not so child friendly one might say, to a
small house in "outer city", three floors, my own garage etc etc.
Some more space but lousy connection to cyberspace (0.5 MBit instead
of 10 MBit...) Anyway more space to fill with photo- and child gear.
So lended my friends 4x5" Sinar F. So have gotten used to set up the
tripod, sitting down thinking, mounting the camera. Focus, re focus,
tilt, swing, shift, refocus. refocus again. spot mertering. thinking,
looking at data charts for calculating exposure time. Eventually stop
down. mount the film. and bang, press the shutter. Real fast work
flow...

Last week I got my OM-E adapter. The work flow is very much the same,
cut out all the tilt etc.  As far as I can say I really like my E-1,
OM's and my friends Sinar F. Got to have options. I see a lot of you
using OM-Zooms with your E-cameras. I only have zooms on when
photograpy is not the main subjet of the event. Like family events,
for that I use the Mju-400, just point and shoot. And I guess that is
why I don't use my OM-zooms on the E, I don't think of it as a p&s.

My travelkit is now:
OM-4 w Delta 100
OM-4ti w Delta 400
OM-1 w E100G
21/3.5, 35/2, 50/1.2, 90/2, 180/2.8 & 300/4.5
tripod
OM-E adapter
E-1 w 14-54 has replaced the walk around zoom lenses for OM
Mju-400 for p&s

Anybody got an opinion on this?

/ Johan