[OM] Re: E-1 sold out

Subject: [OM] Re: E-1 sold out
From: Andrew Dacey <adacey@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2005 10:20:07 -0300
On 8/2/05, om2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <om2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I believe that the new, replacement body(s) is coming very soon.  The kit
> was their big seller, and they won't replace the 14-54 with the 14-45 as
> the mainstream kit, IMO.
>
> September seems to be the time for "the announcement".

Yes, I thought that replacing the kit sounded odd too. I took a peek
at the lens roadmap and see they've got the 14-35/2.0 and 35-100/2.0
listed for 2005 (as well as the 90-250/2.8 and 2 macros) so it
wouldn't surprise me if they got announced at the same time but I
can't see them putting the 14-35/2.0 in as a kit lens.

As much as there's speculation that the next E body will be another
"prosumer" model to replace the E-300 I'd say that with the
discontinuing of the E-1 kit as well as looking at the more pro
oriented lenses on the roadmap that it's increasingly looking like
we'll be seeing a sucessor to the E-1 first.