[OM] Re: E-1 sold out

Subject: [OM] Re: E-1 sold out
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2005 10:37:11 -0400
Andrew Dacey wrote:

> On 8/2/05, John Hermanson <omtech@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>E-1 outfit (with 14-54mm lens) is discontinued and sold out (in USA)
>

> Wait, are you saying the kit is discontinued or that the body is
> discontinued? Sounds to me like signs that they're either about to
> introduce a new body or a new lens. Either that or maybe they have too
> many 14-45's kicking around and want to unload them.

B&H is still listing the E-1 with 14-54 as in stock.  Could be the
volume seller gets last pick or else they simply overstocked at some
point.

Anyhow, the E-1 is getting pretty long in the tooth for the digital
world and it's clearly time for a replacement.  However, as I pointed
out a couple of weeks ago, Olympus is still not listed as an exhibitor
at the Fall PMA mini show in San Diego in early September.  I think the
deadline for exhibitor registration is past.

Chuck Norcutt