[OM] Re: Discounted E-1s in my city ( OT )

Subject: [OM] Re: Discounted E-1s in my city ( OT )
From: Richard Lovison <rlovison@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2005 14:42:09 -0400
Brian,

Am I correct in assuming that all I'll need is an inexpensive plug adapter
such as this?

http://store.yahoo.com/electrical-supplies/plugadapters22.html

BTW, Olympus America will handle warranty service on a camera bought
overseas... I called to check.  I was also told all I needed was to send them
a copy of the receipt and serial number to get a free OM adapter.

The price at Photo and Video International is even more amazing to U.S. buyers
since you don't have to pay NZ tax so the selling price of the E-1 and
14-45mm is $884.44 NZD or about $604 USD.  I called the Port of Boston
Customs and they indicated there shouldn't be a customs charge on a digital
still camera though he thought there might be a small charge from the U.S.
Post Office.  Shipping was approximated at $100 NZD.  I'll get an exact quote
probably tomorrow.

Richard